On Left Bank

On Left Bank
Right Direction

Saturday, June 06, 2009

"Murdered' woman appears in court

Statesman News Service
MALDA, 5 JUNE:
Mrs. Mandal appeared in court on 30 May, proving that she was not murdered by her husband fiver years ago. A fresh inquiry into the case was ordered today, after Mrs. Mandal gave a confessional statement.
The Malda district judge Mr. B C Maity today instructed the police to appoint an inspector to conduct a fresh enquiry into the “murder” case.
While appearing in court on 30 May, Mrs. Mandal had claimed she and her husband Mr. Phekan Mandal had gone to Uttar Pradesh in search of employment where she got lost.
“My husband returned to Malda after failing to trace me. A generous man saved me and I married him and settled down in Uttar Pradesh. Recently, some workers from Malda came to our locality and I learnt from them that my husband and his parents had been accused of murdering me. I decided to come here and narrate the truth”, Mrs. Mandal clamied in court.
His former husband, Mr. Phekan Mandal, and two others, were accused of murdering Mrs. Mandal following the recovery of an unidentified woman’s body near Panchanandapur in Kaliachak on 3 July, 2004. They were arrested and the police charge sheeted them. The district judge had summoned the investigation officer of the case and asked him to appear before the court on 5 June.

No comments: